Re: Wireless transfer rates.

Paul,

For home use, a good WEP key is more than enough.
I have monitored my home network for about one year now and nobody seems
even to try to connect to it.
You must consider that in order to find the key, you must monitor about 2GB
of traffic, which is a lot for an 802.11b connection. You can change the
key
>from
Combining this with MAC filtering you get more than enough security, if you
do not have some Highly Confidential data in your network..:-))

Some studies proove that more than 50% of the existing WLANs do not even
use
WEP for sercurity.

Using VPN inside your home network is, in my opinion, an overhead which
does
not make sense( if used only for WLAN access)

If you have some new access points/wireless cards which supports 802.1x
standard, then youy can secure your whole home network much more...if you
want.

Best regards,
Dan
P.S. Only if.... your neighbours are some security experts and then... try
to hack you home network...:-))