RE: x10 remote kr22 eats batteries

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: x10 remote kr22 eats batteries
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:41:55 +0100

Where did you buy the batteries ?

Could they have been old stock. Were they sealed in plastic or just loose.

Damp and even greasy fingerprints can cause leakage giving a vastly reduced
life.

I remember once having a watch battery replaced in Curry's about 25 years
ago and the sales oik mentioned about not touching both sides of the cell
with your fingers due to the leakage etc.... he then used a pair of METAL
tweezers to pick the cell up shorting it out directly!!!!  The battery
still
outlived the crappy watch though :-(

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk