[OT] BB kit

I went with Eclipse following various recommendations and the info at
www.adslguide.org.  There prices dropped recently, I think I'm paying about
=A326.  This includes a .com domain multiple pop3 mailboxes (configurable
v=
ia
a web tool), webmail, and ASP/Access web hosting.  I think the domain part
was an optional extra, so you could get it cheaper.

Eclipse are happy to sell you a whole package including a speedtouch
router=
.
They have configuration guides which you can donwload, but there hardware
prices were a bit high.  I went with
http://www.dslsource.co.uk/product_details.asp?idProduct=3D87
for =A3114.

This router has a built in 4 port hub, it has a web-based config tool and
command line via telnet if you need it.  I've not really had time to play
with the config of the router too much to but as I went for six static IPs
I've not yet been forced to look at it.  I do need to get my AudioTron
talking over the net for radio, which will require some playing with NAT,
s=
the AT can keep its LAN IP.  My main PC has both an LAN and Internet IP at
the moment which was just a quick hack (err that was 6 months ago..)

Anyway the whole things been very good.  I use zonealarm as my desktop
firewall, to limit incoming traffic, and outgoing leaky apps.  I plan to
setup a dedicated firewall server one day like ipcop as I don't really like
relying on just a PC firewall that is easy to shutdown.  I think the router
may have a firewall as well, but I'm not using it at the mo.

Good luck

Rob
--=20
______   __   _   ______   ______=20
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: rob@xxxxxxx
/ /  /_/ / /__/ / / /__/ / / /__    http://www.kaosuk.co.uk/
/ /  __  / ___  / / ___  /  \__  \            ----          =
=20
/ /__/ / / /  / / / /  / / _____/ / Rob Chasmer, MMT Computing
______/ _/  /_/ _/  /_/ ______/ robert.chasmer@xxxxxxx

=3Deec46020baf76fb01c6c251030d73041

(you'll probably need to register).

If you're that keen on a Draytek, maybe I can sell you one ;)

ant
--=20
/\/\
www.ant.org  ('')  www.ant.org
()
Megawatt Winged Avenger

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk=20
Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx=20
Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx=20

=20
If you have received this email in error please let us know by e-mail reply
and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose
its contents to anyone.  Please note that any views or opinions presented
i=
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of MMT Computing plc.  Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  MMT Computing plc accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.=
=20