Re: Idratek Cortex

> As I said, I only had a brief demo but first impressions are
everything.

I agree - personally i wasnt that put off by the look as much as some
people
on the list - but i see there point - to blend into a home it would look
very out of place when faceplates are white etc.

> If I came into the house It would be nice to see that I had missed 5
phone
> calls and scroll through them on the display (possibly with database
lookup
> of Names rather than just CLI).

It would be nice yes, i believe they said in future they might be able to
offer a version that did this from what i remember.

> The Audio capability is an important one which could also be used to
> playback Answerphone messages taken by a PC. In combination with the
CLI,
> messages could be assigned to different members of the home, eg Mum,
Dad,
> Son, Daughter, Anyone so that you dont have to go through 15 messages
that
> arent for you just so you can hear the one you are interested in.

They did say the audio function is how the invisage the average user to
interact with the system - we are all mainly technical users and like
interfacing at a different level!

> LOGO - I think some of the MK range has (or had) the MK logo embossed
on
the
> bottom to differentiate it from the cheaper MK copycat products.
Obviously
> that isnt easy for Idratek to accomplish as they have a common
moulding
with
> vinyl insert to cover the unused holes although depencing what colours
were
> chosen for the overlay it could be possible to have discrete branding
on
> there.

I agree to be honest i didnt take too much notice of the logo properly -
just from the screenshots on the site on the way back it looked a bit out
of
place.

> Was there a "bare board" device that could go behind the
faceplate of your
> choice ?

I cant remember i've got the MD's email address if you want it - he's very
good at providing answers to questions, he's also keeping me up2date with
any information that occurs (aka my pdf posts!).  Its good to see them
keeping up with there promises too.

They have a demo house that im pritty sure they said they can arrange for
people to visit to see what its like in a real life situation, will be
great
to see the pictures and comments from there.

Kind Regards,
Chris Bond