RE: wireless advice

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: wireless advice
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 19:17:07 +0100

> My bro has a desktop Windows ME pc connected to ADSL with the old
green
> frog USB. He has just bought a laptop and wants internet access. What
kit
> would be required and presumably there are many combinations ?

Well, yeah a few options...

Wireless router/access point connected by hard wired LAN to the ME box.

Two w/less cards, one in the lappy and one in the PC in ad-hoc mode with
the
ME box using ICS.

As above but use a USB adaptor on the ME box.

Access point to hard-wired LAN, connected to ME box using ICS.

Personally I'd look at option 1, the best IMHO or option 4 as second
choice.

HTH

K.