Re: MV1000 problem

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: MV1000 problem
  • From: Mark J Cox <mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 11:44:08 +0100 (BST)

> thus allowing the MV to run optimally.

I've been trying some experiments with my MV1000 (single camera, capture
full size) direct, and via ZoneMinder.

Since the MV1000 doesn't support keep-alive connections you need to
connect, get /user/sstill1.jpg and disconnect.  In a loop I can only get
about .3fps.

Interestingly I can get double the fps by connecting, requesting the
streamed file /user/sstream1.jpg (make sure your User-Agent is set to
"Mozilla"), and then disconnecting after receiving the first
image.

Best of all is making a single connection and parsing the streamed jpeg
file - I can get about 1.6fps by this method.  I did a quick (=nasty,
horrible) hack to get ZoneMinder to use this method to capture images and
it's working well.  If anyone else is interested let me know off list and
I can give you the hack (or if enough interest get around to making it a
nice patch that could go into the generic ZoneMinder)

Mark
--
Apache Software Foundation ..... OpenSSL Group ..... Apache Week editor