Re: Re: Momentary switches

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Re: Momentary switches
  • From: Mark Taylor <mhctaylor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 08:53:54 +0100 (BST)

Rob

thanks for all the info. PDFs would be great thanks. I
took the house to pieces at the weekend to check the
existing wiring and its a bit of a nightmare but I now
have a single circuit to the lights and a single
circuit already exists to the switch so I feel I may
be getting closer to popping my x10 cherry!!!

Thanks again

Mark

--- egelbeertje <r_d_k@xxxxxxx> wrote:
---------------------------------

Mark,

I'm currently using the 10Amp pushbutton style, since
they look
exactly as a normal on/off toggle, except they don't
rocker - you
push on the bottom (about.5 cm, then it springs back)
the 6 amp
pushbutten style looks a bit like a doorbell and is
typically used
for a timer style large apartment block thing (guess
they're more
vadalism proof since the switch plate is quite easily
removed with a
small screwdriver clip underneath)
Also they come in different models single switch per
gang box in
normal open (if you push you make contact) or in NO/NC
combination so
you can also use them to cut a signal which sometimes
can be handy.
(a concealed panic alarm switch next to your bedside
or so)

if you hook up the light to the din rail, and you have
neutral and
phase at your din module available, all you need is a
220v pulse on
the din module L2 input - I routed 2 wires from every
din module to
every switch (coming from the phase connector from the
din module,
switch, going back to L2 on din module) this way - by
adding the 2
wires down the tube - it keeps options open to restore
to normal
toggle switches if ever needed. I can mail you some
pdf's of my
wiring schematics if interested.

rgds Rob,

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Mark Taylor
<mhctaylor@y...> wrote:
> Rob
>
> these look really nice - is there a UK disti? I take
> it the push button model is the momentary switch?
>
> Also I now need to re ask the wiring question. If I
> put a dinrail module in my consumer unit for my
lounge
> lighting what wiring do I run? I understand wire run
> from din to light (run of transformers) but what is
> the wiring to from switch?
>
> Cheers
> Mark
>
>  --- egelbeertje <r_d_k@h...> wrote:
> ---------------------------------
> I'm using the NIKO brand PR20 style
switches/sockets.
> Very reliable/easy to install/lots of faceplate
> combinations/colours.
>
> http://www.niko.be/main/fs_module.asp?reference=2-
1&country=4&lang=EN

> rgds Rob
>

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Mark Taylor
> <mhctaylor@y...> wrote:
> > Cheers.
> >
> > Any chance of a model no. as they have 100s of
items
> > to trawl through. Sorry to be lazy :-)
> >
> > Mark
> >
> >  --- hholohan2000 <helen@v...> wrote:
> > ---------------------------------
> > I just got a nice one from the Legrand Mosaic
range
> > yesterday, very
> > sleek, no screws visible.
> >
> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Mark Taylor
> > <mhctaylor@y...> wrote:
> > > Very nice indeed - unfortunately I dont do
Italian
> > :-(
> > >
> > > These are the sort of thing that would convince
me

http://www.bticino.it/bticino/enduser/prodotti/1127_grafiti.jhtml;jses
> > > sionid=0UYMN0YVU5KDKCQ52EKSFEQ
> > >

> > > rgds,
> > > Rob
> > >
> > > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul"
> <groups@s...>
> contact
> > > for as long as
> > > you push/pull or otherwise interact with it. The
> > > dimmer switch that
> > > you mention won't be momentary - push and it
makes
> > > contact
> > > (permanently) until you push it again and it
> breaks
> > > contact - a
> > > toggle action.

vast
> > > majority of
> > > lighting systems don't operate in this way. You
> tend
> > > to find these
> > > switches being used for 'bell push' or other
> > signaling
> > > applications,
> > > which is why a lot of them to be found in
> electrical
> > > wholesalers
> > > have 'push' or pictures of bells on them! They
> tend
> > > have a high
> > > push resistance (i.e. stiff) in my experience.

> type
> > > Clipsal and
> > > Wandsworth make.

house.
> > IMO
> > > they're far
> > > more aesthetic that the plastic clipsal ones and
> > come
> > > in a huge range
> > > of finishes (I have the solid metal brushed
> > aluminium
> > > type). Pics on
> > > the Yahoo group pics page or on my HA pics
> website:
> > > >

> http://www.siliconpixel.com/Gallery/HomeAutomation

momentary?
> Is
> > > dimmer switch
and

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=17

05041992:HM/A=1564416/R=0/SIG=11ti81skc/*http:/www.netflix.com/Default
> > > ?mqso=60164797&partid=3170658>

M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1564416/rand=520
> > > 869790>

> Yahoo!
> >
> > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
 Terms of