Chipping Xbox: Public Service Announcement

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Chipping Xbox: Public Service Announcement
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:43:45 +0100

Just for info as I know there a

Just for info as I know there a number of people about to chip their
Xboxes. I chipped one about three months ago and was successful. I just
another two xecuter 2 lite chips and discovered they are flashed with
the Cromwell Linux bios for legal reasons. On boot up you get a message
to that effect and a nice graphic of a penguin! Not only giving me one
hell of a shock, it took me the best part of an evening to try and work
out what to do about it :-(

You really need to flash the chip with the xecuter bios to start playing
with xbmp and slayer etc.

Follow the instructions at:

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=47221

to help out. If anyone needs a copy of the .iso files to burn the cds
let me know.

Cheers
Don