RE: Next project

On 7 Jun 2003 at 10:50, Steve Morgan wrote:

> [...]
(seriously)?

> > I think you miss really good remote control. If you plan to
> > control it from your coach , or
> > elsewhere, a wireless trackball is better than a wireless
> > mouse IMHO. A Smartdisplay
> > could be convenient too, but I haven't tested it.
>
> The graphics card also comes with ATI's RF remote, which is supposed
> to be pretty good. I did consider at 15" Airpanel, but couldn't
> stretch to the extra grand at the mo. I'm thinking of having the
> Powermate near the sofa and writing my own control software.

But you will have to run a wire.

> The idea of having the Bluetooth desktop is that I can have the
> monitor/keyboard/mouse in the dining room for 'office' use and
> primarily use the remote in the living room.

Do you realy need bluetooth ? Because some people say that there is some
interference problems between Bluetooth and Wifi, and it slows down Wifi
bandwidth. If
you plan to add a smartdisplay, you will need full Wifi bandwidth. Why
don't you use a
RF cordless mouse and keyboard.
I have in my living room only monitor, RF keyboard and mouse, and all PC
stuff in
another room, and just the monitor cable between the two rooms. Perfect
silence :-)

--
Bernard

Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? Télécharger MSN
Messenger
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m
la 1ère messagerie instantanée de France