RE: Next project

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Next project
  • From: "Steve Morgan" <steve@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:50:28 +0100

> From: Bernard Grychowski [mailto:grychowski@xxxxxxx]
>
> On 7 Jun 2003 at 10:09, Steve Morgan wrote:
>
> > Finally, the bits for my HTPC are on there way:
> >
> > Accent HT-200 HTPC case with remote control & VFD
> > Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard & mouse
> > Griffin Powermate - that's one _sexy_ knob
>
> > Sorry, just had to share that. Did I miss anything (seriously)?
>
> I think you miss really good remote control. If you plan to
> control it from your coach , or
> elsewhere, a wireless trackball is better than a wireless
> mouse IMHO. A Smartdisplay
> could be convenient too, but I haven't tested it.

The graphics card also comes with ATI's RF remote, which is supposed to
be pretty good. I did consider at 15" Airpanel, but couldn't stretch
the extra grand at the mo. I'm thinking of having the Powermate near the
sofa and writing my own control software.

The idea of having the Bluetooth desktop is that I can have the
monitor/keyboard/mouse in the dining room for 'office' use and primarily
use the remote in the living room.

Steve