RE: [OTish] BT Midband OR 128k ISDN Service Recommendations?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OTish] BT Midband OR 128k ISDN Service Recommendations?
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 17:56:03 +0100

I too feel your Broadband pain....

Satellite still seems the only option here.

Our exchange has about 100 registrations. It really does p*ss me off that
we
are within walking distance of Cranfield Aeronautical University, one of
the
most hi-tech places in the UK, but still BT does not deem us worthy.

There is a sat provider www.silvermead.co.uk that are providing a 512meg
download speed for about 30ukp per month, they do also provide 1meg
packages. After some initial bad publicity there seems to be quite a few
good reviews http://www.ispreview.co.uk/talk
I took the plunge and upgraded
my dish/lnb etc. in readiness for this service, but am still not ready due
to building work.

This plus HH does not end up being too costly.

It may not be a pretty solution, but its the only one available.......

If only i had line of site to the University and a Pringles can :(

Dean.