RE: Re: advice needed for weak signals and noise

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: advice needed for weak signals and noise
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 14:06:59 +0100

> Thanks for the welcome and the quick response.

No problem.

> I'm just looking at what I'm using and it's an XM10U (TW7223) which I
> got from Lets Automate. I presume that's the same as the XM10E. Do
> you know if it is? It's plugged directly into the wall socket so I
> don't know what else I can try. I can live with one dodgy module
> somewhere but it's worse than that. I wonder if my house is just
> extremely 'noisy'..

Hmmm, that sounds suspiciously like the one I'm using anyway. I take it you
have tried using the XM10 in different sockets etc, unplugging the gubbins
around it and all that malarkey to see if something is stopping the X10
transmission? The only other thing I can think of is one appliance killing
X10, I had it once with a Rio.

It could be noise, but TBH, I've yet to see an instance of noise killing
X10
although I do know that it can happen, in a whole house situation.

I know Ian Lowe had a similar problem at one point maybe he can come up
with
some suggestions as well.

K.