Re: Anyone bought this 18" TFT from Dabs ?

Yes, I've bought one, and I'm pretty happy with it, although I've not used
it much yet, as it's mainly sitting waiting to go on the wall in our new
bedroom (I got the tuner too) when the building is finished.

It's actually an Atec Neoview AL181N. You can get details from:

http://www.atech.co.kr/eng/product/neoview_al181n.htm

I'm pretty happy with the looks and image quality. No idea about refresh
rate for games, but it's good enough for me for TV. It has 2 mini-jack
sockets for audio in and out. The manual does not state explicitly whether
this is stereo, but it implies it (the picture shows a stereo jack being
used). The speakers are on the back side of the screen (i.e. facing the
wall
if you hang the screen) to allow for the narrow bezel. They are the usual
quality for built-in speakers, so you may well want to use external
speakers.

I didn't have a problem with dead pixels, but I may have got lucky.

All-in-all, I think it is a very good purchase for the price.

Cheers,

Bruno