Re: Momentary Switches

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Momentary Switches
  • From: "Richard Boreham" <richard.boreham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 23:44:15 +0100

>>  Two makes that are widely used in HA are the type
>>  Clipsal and Wandsworth make.

We eventually went for the Legrand gridswitch system.  We were looking for
something simple (white) but didn't like the Clipsal style at all.  The
Legrand gridswitches are bigger (each switch is 2cm x 4cm) and good and
positive but not stiff.  On the plastic components, the quality is very
good.

The only 'but' is that they need their own system wallbox not a regular uk
box.  They are the same size as uk boxes but have different screw
placements.  Lots of different modules fit into the grid in addition to the
momentary switches (standard, illuminated, indicators, dimmers, buzzers,
telephone, RJ45...) - although we only used switches!
http://www.legrand.co.uk/scripts/inter/publigen/content/templates/showcontex
t.asp?TREE=en-inter&FOLDER=Products

I believe Legrand are widely available in electrical wholesalers although
the Gridswitch modules had to be ordered.  I can check out prices if you
like but I recall them being a bit more than Clipsal but much less than the
metal options.

Another option if you like..

Regards

Richard