RE: OT: Advice on Western Digital warranty

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT: Advice on Western Digital warranty
  • From: "Des Gibbons" <des@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 19:52:47 +0100

Some saga there Bruno.

Using IDE raid is a subject I'm sure you don't want me to go on about,
so...

I assume the disks work fine as single drives?

If so, your best option might be to sell the drives individually, and
replace with another set of drives from a different range/manufacturer.

It will cost you money, but not a huge amount.

You are stuck between a rock and a hard place I am afraid. Have you spoken
to WD support about the issues you are having? They might be able to come
up
with a solution you are happy with?

Cheers, Des.