Re: [OT] 2Mbit ADSL

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003 20:32:19 +0100, you wrote:

>When ADSL finally arrives =96 if I go for 2Mbit, what upload speed do I
ge=
t (512Kbps???). Is it always the same no matter what provider?

Currently if the ADSL is provided by BT 'wholesale' to the ISP then
the upload speed is the same no matter what the download speed. You
are not expected to run public servers on such a line!

BT are talking about other offerings to be made available at some
point.

The company I work for offer other speeds, even symetric speed
lines, but you must be on one of their 'unbundled' exhanges.  If you
are only now getting BT's ADSL I doubt we would have unbundled the
exchange yet!

Regards,
Harry.