Re: Almost OT : ANyone got MS Windows VPN Server working behind their NAT router ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gareth Cook" g@bigblue.

> Says it all really - I want a VPN Connection to home so I can securely
run
> HA stuff without passing credentials in the clear.
>
> Thing is , I'm not having much success. Never gets passed the
> authentication piece.
>
> Cheers !
>
> G.

Just done that, had my ADSL installed yesterday at long last :) Set up my
new Vigor2600 to accept PPTP VPN. Today get back to work and configure a
dial up connection (VPN) on Windows 2000 and connect to home lan. It's as
easy as that ;) Well not really, I had already configured our MS ISA
firewall to let through PPTP connections and this is the bit that will stop
it all working. What protocol are you trying to use for your VPN? Does your
firewall support passing through VPN connectionsusing that protocol?

Vince