Re: RF vs KAT5 video distribution

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: RF vs KAT5 video distribution
  • From: "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 21:10:57 -0000

Thanks Keith,

Daisy chaining will depend if I can fit 2 pairs of cat5 next to my
coax all the way back to node0(doubt that though but will give it a
try anytime soon) - pulling some extra wires is my next 6 months
project (hardwired IR control/distributed audio/and this one) - The
idea of the scart switcher is nice - I bet they do exist with IR
control ? any tips on makes/models appreciated.

rgds, Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Keith Doxey" <ukha@d...> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> You can connect all your sources to a SCART switcher and feed the
KAT5 TX
> with that. You can daisy chain to multiple receivers, one per room.
>
> Coax is still needed for your normal terrestrial broadcasts but any
> modulated source you put on your aerial system will only have
Composite
> video quality (at best!) with MONO sound. You are unlikely to be
happy with
> the PC even at 640x480 if you are using any text based content if
you
> distribute it by RF as the text will be very poor. S-Video should be
> considered the minimum for distributing a PC output.
>
> Keith
>
> www.diyha.co.uk
> www.kat5.tv

KAT5