Re: Cat5e/Cat6 100/350Mhz LS0H/PVC - comments please...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Cat5e/Cat6 100/350Mhz LS0H/PVC - comments please...
  • From: "egelbeertje" <r_d_k@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:30:26 -0000

Just got this from my brother in law, who works in R&D for a cable
company, cat 6 has a better crosstalk (less that is), better
impedance control and better attenuation (less that is) so his advice
was go for the cat6 if you can afford it or cat7 (600Mhz)if you can
already, it's a more future proof investment. But it will require a
professional installation since it's more sensitive to bad contacts
(or wires stripped too long/short before inserting the plugs).

rgds Rob.