RE: Network problem ... update

That's a bit of a red Herring though, surely?

Even using "pass-through authentication", - which is the
"official" name for
this technique, you still _effectively_ log in to the domain.... - you
*have* to authenticate within the domain in order to be able to use any of
it's resources.  All that this technique does is log you into your
workstation first, then when you attempt to access a domain resource, you
will receive a challenge, - your workstation will automatically return the
credentials you logged in with, and so if the local account details are
identical to the domain account details, you will be authenticated in the
domain, and will receive a logon token as normal - this all happens
automatically, without you seeing anything... Conversely, if your two
account's details aren't identical, then you will see a login dialogue pop
up when you attempt to access the resource.

I was under the impression that the logon session was no different for a
pass-though authentication, but of course things may well vary between
different Windows versions....

Oh well, at least you got it sorted, so all's well that ends well I
guess...

Paul G.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger