RE: [OT] USB - parallel....

>IIRC, 25M is the max even with the extenders Paul so that may not be
enough
>anyway from what you're saying here and I wouldn't trust the extenders
>buried in plaster, just my opinion.

Yup, that's exactly what I thought... I really don't want to have
half-a-dozen daisy-chained extenders plastered into the wall where I will
never be able to get at them again!

>Ever thought about getting a normal printer? ;)

Yeah thanks Ken, - that's not a lot of help, seing as I just spent £250 on
it last weekend.... :-(

(it was an impulse buy...) - apart from the connection headache, it should
actually be a nice little unit. - I did consider going for the model that
had a network port built in, but that was £400, and for the extra £150, the
network port was the _only_ extra feature... (and that one actually lacked
memory card slots, which this one has...)

I'll sort it out, - it's not really *that* big a problem TBH, but I always
try not force SWMBO to have extra "agg" as a result of my
purchases.... it
always seems to make it easier to get approval next time you see... (I can
hear it now.... "OI, last time you bought a new printer, and now I
have to
remember to manually switch the cable to my PC before I can print... how
very quaint... just like we had in the office in 1992")   :-(

Paul G.