RE: Network problem ... doing my head in

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Network problem ... doing my head in
  • From: "Paul" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 13:08:04 +0100

That's been my experience as well although my shares are now running fine
(fingers crossed). Come to think of it, I had re-installed the main W2K
server and set DNS up correctly around about the time it all started
working OK. My clients point to the W2K DNS server and then out to the
Internet.

Paul.

That being said, it has been my experience that Windows XP *never* works
correctly on a network for any decent period of time.

I have had a very similar problem, for instance, with a Redhat backend,
where Win98 and W2k both work flawlessly, but XP decides every now and then
to hang for 15 seconds or so on accessing a share (or a zip file on a
share).