Re: [Fwd: videos ....] -- FAO Mark McCall

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: videos ....] -- FAO Mark McCall
  • From: "K. C. Li" <li@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 01:01:06 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003, Calum Morrell wrote:

> This is soley for Mark, my apologies for sending it to the list, but
> since Li insists on using those fucking RBLs on his mail server it
would
> appear I can no longer email Mark directly as of yesterday.

I know it is intended for Mark but as my name was mentioned, perhaps I
should clarify our position regarding e-mail filtering.

We handle e-mail traffic on our servers for a number of people, including
Mark's automatedhome.co.uk domain. Due to the high level of spam that we
receive (60%+ of all e-mails received, numbered in many hundreds daily),
we employ a number of filtering methods to minimise the spam. One of the
methods is the cross referencing of each incoming e-mail with a number of
Realtime Blackhole Lists (RBL). The use of some of these RBLs (there are
many) have significantly reduced the number of spam we receive with very
few false positives (ie. legitimate e-mails mistakenly bounced as spam).

If your e-mails have been bouncing from our servers since yesterday
because of the inclusion in one of the RBLs, perhaps you should ask your
own ISP why their IP has been included in an open relay or spam blacklist.

Regards,

Kwong Li
li@xxxxxxx
Laser Business Systems Ltd.