Re: OT(?) Pheenet Ap

> Has anyone out there got one of those 廖35 Pheenet Access
Points from
> Wireless Initiative working in a wet11 sort of way?

I think this is a limit of a WAP11/Pheenet running in Client AP mode - the
manual states that you cannot access the wired devices connected to the
Client AP wirelessly - I guess because the Client AP acts as a single node,
and does not have enough logic to route the traffic.

The manual shows this mode as a way to allow a network of workstations to
access other resources, but with the restriction listed, it does not seem
practical for hosting servers on the end of the link.

> If anyone has done this and can send me a few screen dumps of their
settings
> that would be great.

I was going to use this method, but having read about the limit in the
manual, and having considered the costs of the devices bought an extra
Pheenet AP to allow me to use them in bridging mode (thereby separating out
the bridging of network via wireless from the standard access point for
wireless clients), although I've yet to setup the bridged network to
confirm this works.

Steve