RE: [OT] I dont believe it !!!!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] I dont believe it !!!!
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 13:02:04 +0100

> Oh and BTW, I hate the Post-Office, don't even take credit cards for
> christ sake!!!!! and like you say always a huge queue as well.....

They don't take credit cards because the CC companies charge more for the
transaction that the PO make on it! Particularly an issue with road funds
with a lot of people, but AIUI, the margin to the PO on these
"tax" discs is
less that 2%, the CC companies normally charge about 4% AIUI.

Most of the work the PO does is very high volume but extremely low margins,
but you can use a CC at any of the Bureau De Change counters as the margins
are higher.

Basically the PO has been screwed by consecutive governments and limited in
what they can do by silly legislative measures over the years.

K.