Playing VCDs on Sony DVD Jukebox

  • To: "Home automation" <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Playing VCDs on Sony DVD Jukebox
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 13:54:29 +0100

I have Sony DVP-CX850 jukebox, like quite a few member of the list.

Has anyone managed to record VCD and play it on the player?
Manual says that it plays VCDs.

Other problem I found is recording CDs.
CD-Rs definetly cannot be played back, but not even all CD-RW.

I bought 10 Memorex ones from Dixons and they will not play. Then I
tried TDK ones from Maplin and they play back O.K. (5 out of 6).
I have one old Samsung one and that one plays fine as well.

Is there any way to know which ones will play, and which ones will not?

Nik