From: simonr@xxxxxxx
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2003 12:56 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] UPS Batteries

The LA that I work for, in their infinite wisdom do not replace the
batteries
in their UPS's when they die, they just bin the UPS. Being a typical 'skip
-
rat' the 4 UPS's in question 2x APC 1400, 1 x 700 1 x 350 ended up in the
back
of my car and are now sitting on my workbench. I checked on APC's website
at
the price of replacement batteries for the 1400's and choked. Does anyone
know
of a cheaper source of batteries for these models ?
Thanks in advance

Simon