RE: [OT]Apple printer to PC parallel adaptor

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [OT]Apple printer to PC parallel adaptor
  • From: "Crick, Steve (UK)" <steve.crick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:33:23 +0100

Thanks for the feedback; I do have a Mac, but it died, which is why I
want to connect the printer to the PC.

The LaserWriter only has a Apple 8-pin serial connection, which I
assumed is using localtalk, though it _might_ be using serial.

I will take a note of the product model number, and lookup its
capabilities tonight.

The adapter I was racking my brains to remember (it has been years since
I was working in Mac support), plugged into the parallel port of the PC;
it was about the size of a large box of matches, and had some LED's on
it to show activity. The other end of the attached wire connected to a
LaserWriter. It worked; but I can't for the life of me remember who made
it.

Never mind, it was a long shot, and I am looking at getting another
printer anyway; a shame as the LaserWriter works fine.

Thanks - Steve