RE: [OT] Poor Sky Digital Reception

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Poor Sky Digital Reception
  • From: "Crick, Steve (UK)" <steve.crick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:01:02 +0100

I was wondering whether it was related to the BBC's move, since it was
only the BBC channels that were suffering. But, IIRC, Channel 4 & 5 are
notoriously difficult to receive when abroad and they're on 2D, yet the
picture quality was fine from these last night for me. I'll have a
wander over to digital spy :-) Was your problem only with the BBC
channels taking an unexpected dive or was it more widespread ?

>> I thought it was more widespread, but a trawl through TiVo showed
it
was only BBC.

Odd that mine gets worse as yours clears up ! I assume you're UK-based,
but don't answer if you don't want to !

>> Yes; Kent, so you would think I would be well in the footprint!

of time fiddling with it. I'll try Keith's damp cloth trick also.

I *think* I can receive Game Network, but it's not a channel I choose to
watch.

>> I can't, but don't care!

Steve