RE: PCB's have arrived

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: PCB's have arrived
  • From: "Ian Davidson" <ian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:20:48 +0100

Hi Tim

No pricing as yet but it is on the list of things to do. This is one of
those projects that is getting larger. If I was to sell the units there
are issues with CE marking etc that I have not Had chance to look into,
depending on number of units I would have to have them made, I don't
think my eyesight could take too much of the SM soldering.

Note to all out there DO NOT switch on fan to keep cool when SM
components you are working with are on your desk !!!!

Water fall is separate sections of Perspex built into a wooden frame
that let me down and leaked last year. The vibration from the water
hitting the bottom section and the temperature changes broke the joints
many times. This year I have bonded a toughened clear plastic to the
Perspex to act as a liner, it works great (no seal to brake) and also
acts as a diffuser for the lights. The lights are standard internal ones
but under the waterfall is a small enclosure to house the entire
lighting and electric etc.

Ian D

Ian,

They look very good. Have you worked out pricing yet, and do you intend
to sell units fully assembled and tested, or as a kit ?

Also, how did you construct your waterfall ? One continuous piece or are
there joins ? It looks like you used regular interior cove lights rather
than the exterior ones ?

Lots of questions . . .

Cheers,

Tim H.