Re: Chocolate XBox

----- Original Message -----
From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 10:39 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Chocolate XBox

>> I'm glad that 129 quid is nothing to you.

>Never said that ... The £189 that I paid for my xBox was a significant
>expense but one which I considered was worthwhile. If it had been more
than
>I could afford to buy at the time then I would have waitied until I
could
>have afforded it.

And now it sits there doing not a lot ;)

>> To me its a tivo upgrade, a new hard drive or even a MOT on
>> my car. To a lot of other people its a hell of a lot more
important.

>Isn't an MOT about £50?

Not if you have a poorly car that needs to be 'fixed' before you can get an
MOT cert ;)

Having just purchased an Xbox at the whopping price of £129.99, i'm a
little
gutted that I didn't save myself the £30. However, can anyone on this list
be *that* short of money that they can't spend the extra 30 notes, even if
it takes them another week to save up for it?

To me, it seemed inevitable that they'd run out of stock sooner or later.
What's the point in complaining about it? The companies are in it so you
buy
the chocolate, not to give away cheap games consoles. The
consoles/chocollect scheme is just a 'sweetener' (no pun intended) so you
will buy their products. Lets face it - they don't give a stuff if you get
the consoles or not, you're hardly going to be able to boycott the mars
group, they're just too damn big.

Just my 2p...

Jon