From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2003 9:27 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Chocolate XBox

> I don't understand the getting shafted part.
> It wasn't a misprint, a typo or computer foul up ..... It is
> a promotion.

Uh huh - And as part of that promotion I'm willing to bet you it said
"Whilst stocks last"...

...they'll have allocated out funds to "subsidise" the purchase
of "x"
xboxes and once those are gone they're gone.

Now, to most of the people on this group £129 isn't a fortune, hell, to
some
of the people on this group then £129 is a couple of half decent bottles of
wine so - as a whole - it's the usual feeding frenzy that occurs each time
someone sees an offer. Well fine ... The xBoxes look as though they're all
gone now but I'm sure there are lots more wonderfull things to use those
chocolate codes for. ;-)

> You buy 70 bars of choc and get an xbox for 69 quid. A lot of
> people have bought chocolate with that promotion in mind and
> I'm sure a lot more will continue to do so.

And for most people it would take a long time to get through 70 bars of
chocolate and would make the promotion last a while ... Instead we have a
group of "grown ups" behaving like kids and then throwing a
tantrum when the
master plan falls foul of a "while stocks last" rule.

> We done our bit buy buying the goods, at the end of the day
> the choc isn't cheap we may be in a position to go to Makro
> or somesuch and buy them but a lot of people won't and they
> will key in with SMS at 25p a time (mostly
> kids) ample stocks of xboxes should have been secured at the
> start of the promo, I would have been just as annoyed if I
> had got one and one of my pupils had not.

LMAO...

...I just can't believe that it's possible to get so indignant over trying
to take unfair advantage of a promotion.

Phil

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx