Re: Alternative to Quasar temp board

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Alternative to Quasar temp board
  • From: "Justin" <justin@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 16:32:00 -0000

Thanks to all who have replied both on and off list re: PCB making.

It is a while ago now but I think I have tried most of the packages
mentioned with varying degrees of success..

I was keen to use Eagle as the price was right but I just couldn't
get on with it. Maybe it's time to have another look and be a bit
more patient?

Target, was very buggy and crashed a lot!

Proteus was my favourite and I have used a demo version to make a few
simple PCB's at home. There were a few things I couldn't get to grips
with but I think it is just a case of spending enough time working it
all out. The problem with the demo version is you can't save your
work. (I now realise the shareware version doesn't have this problem,
I was using the Pro demo!)

In desperation I even bought PCB Wizard from Maplin which although
being easy to use has a shite component library and some strange
ideas about autorouting. It is also tied to the machine that it is
installed on :-(

I figured if someone could help out with my temp board PCB I could
get things moving along and give myself more time find and learn the
right PCB package for me.

Anyway, I'll be looking for a beta tester or two when I finally get a
board made up, any takers?

Cheers,
Justin.