Re: CBUS then?....

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: CBUS then?....
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 17:00:34 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@h...>
wrote:
> Well you can forget that!! - I'm only going to go for CBUS if it
isn't
> stupdly expensive... I recall seing discussions on the list a while
ago
> to stump it all up in one go... - that's too big a dent in my
plasma
> fund....

This is a recurring theme I note; it seems that big, flat tellys are
acceptable almost whatever the  cost, but after all is said and done,
they are just a telly.  A plasma is no better (and frequently these
big things seem to have shotcomings) than a "normal" TV.  Its
just
bigger and flatter, not like one is black and white only for example.

On the other hand, a C-Bus (or other "proper" hardwired system,
like
Lutron or EIB) lighting system is in no way comparable to an X10
controlled system.  Chalk and cheese.  Yet bedrock automation items
like lighting control always fall to the bottom of the automation
financial pile.

Grrr.

</sulk>

David.