Re: CBUS then?....

> > Also I guess I will need some dimmer packs, - I reckon 8 channels
is
>ample
> > for the lighting circuits in the lounge....
>
>The prices seem to get steep for the higher rated ones.  How many amps
per
>circuit do you need?

Not entirely certain, - haven't really got into a lighting design plan yet,
but I don't think it should be too onerous... just thinking aloud:- there
will be two main ceiling lights, each have 6 x 40W bulbs, (240W total),
these two lights would require a channel each. There will also be a number
of other lamps, yet to be decided, - possibly a number of fixed wall
uplighters, (typically 60W each), In fact, it's probably fair to say that
there might well be 6 x 60W spread around the room....

So that's 6 x 60 = 360W, and 2 x 240W = 600W total, which by my reckoning
is
2.5A ?? - piddling really!

-

>This (for me) is the big question (as well as cost).  Ideally I'd want
>C-Bus
>to be able to be controlled by HomeVision.

For me, I want to integrate it with my Homeseer setup, so I can use the
Webserver to control them remotely, and so I can continue to use the
existing scripts etc, that I currently use...

I've just fired off an email to Geoff Chapman at Clipsal, so hopefully
he'll
get back to me with some answers soon....

Paul G.

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger