CBUS then?....

OK, so I saw lots of nice CBUS stuff at UKHA2003, and as luck would have
it,
I am about to embark on the next major phase of renovation at the Gordon
Intercontinental....

So I am thinking about putting in some CBUS lighting control, rather than
X10....

Naturally, I have a couple of questions!!

First off, what's the absolute minimum requirements in terms of CBUS
modules
that I need to buy?...

Obviously I will need one or more nice switches... - very much liked the
look of the Neo....

Also I guess I will need some dimmer packs, - I reckon 8 channels is ample
for the lighting circuits in the lounge....

I presume that I will "want" (rather than "need") a PC
interface for
programming?

What else?

and most importantly, what will each of these cost me??

I imagine that I will also get a CBUS UCM to hook the CBUS into my Comfort
Panel, which I presume will allow me to run security lighting programs when
the alarm is set and so on...

But what about integrating CBUS control into my wider HA system? - I have
both an Ocelot, and a dedicated HA PC running Homeseer, - how would I
integrate CBUS into these? - I'd like to be able to keep the same level of
control as I have with X10 lighting, - IE be able to have all the lounge
lights represented as devices in Homeseer, and thus be able to use the
Homeseer web pages to control them remotely... I seem to recall constantly
reading about Clipsals stupid attitude to protecting their protocol, which
guess makes it extra-difficult for us to roll our own control scenarios
with
it? (Perhaps now is the time for me to start looking more seriously into
xAP/xPL)

questions.... questions.... questions....

TIA

Paul G.