RE: My motherboard died ... but it means I can get a new computer :-)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: My motherboard died ... but it means I can get a new computer :-)
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 18:36:44 +0100

Just my two pennorth GM but I just picked up an ASUS K7VT2, Athlon XP2400+
and HS/Fan from Maplin for =A3150 ... It's quick as f*ck and even though th
ebundled fan looks like shit the processor temp never goes above 44deg
(which I'm told is pretty good as the Athon XP's are supposed to run hot as
hell).

I tend to avoid anything "nutter" or new - overclocking for me is
a complet=
no-no - preferring to stick with stuff that is well and truly tested.

Do you really need to spend the extra =A3320 (ish) on something that fast
which you're unlikely to stress often enough to notice?

Phil=20