RE: Use Your Xbox as a Tivo Slave Unit

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Use Your Xbox as a Tivo Slave Unit
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 15:33:40 +0100

Hi Mark,

> Any idea how this effects normal TiVo operation?

I've not done any proper testing but I've not seen any adverse postings
by anyone

> Can you stream to a PC while watching and recording on TiVo in the
normal
> way for example?

Yes

> Can you have multiple streams to PCs?

Reportedly so, the author has run two concurrent streams. I must admit,
once fully up and running I'll probably be more inclined to access
extracted .ty files from a file share rather than taxing the Tivo with
concurrent streams. I'll be doing some more testing once I get my extra
two Xboxes and the XBMP module for accessing .ty files is available.

Cheers
Don