From: Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG) [mailto:haweste@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 4:02 PM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Jog Dial - where can I buy ?

Patrick,

Ahh, good. I didn't think writing a driver would be easy. All I need the
jog
dial to do is to move up and down menu selections, or through song / album
/
playlist titles etc. Pushing the dial would select the item / song etc. I
wouldn't want the "pointer" have free reign of the screen - I'd
want it
locked to the available selections (rather like using the "tab"
key in
Windows dialog box). I presume the VB method you mention would allow this
(VB's not my strong point either :-(  ). Is Girder also suitable for this,
AIUI it does more than just infrared stuff ?

Re-using the circuit from an old mouse (or even a new one with more
buttons)
sounds like the way to go - it means I can have a few more hard buttons
without too much extra work.

Thanks,

Tim H.

+

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx