RE: Re: Jog Dial - where can I buy ?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Jog Dial - where can I buy ?
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 16:02:08 +0100

Patrick,

Ahh, good. I didn't think writing a driver would be easy. All I need the
jog dial to do is to move up and down menu selections, or through song /
album / playlist titles etc. Pushing the dial would select the item / song
etc. I wouldn't want the "pointer" have free reign of the screen
- I'd want it locked to the available selections (rather like using the
"tab" key in Windows dialog box). I presume the VB method you
mention would allow this (VB's not my strong point either :-(  ). Is Girder
also suitable for this, AIUI it does more than just infrared stuff ?

Re-using the circuit from an old mouse (or even a new one with more
buttons) sounds like the way to go - it means I can have a few more hard
buttons without too much extra work.

Thanks,

Tim H.

+