RE: Lost with the whole Xbox thang ...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Lost with the whole Xbox thang ...
  • From: "Jake Liddell" <Jake.Liddell@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 12:32:13 +0100

If you order from www.ilantech.com it comes pre-installed with everything
y=
ou need.  XBMP is already on there.  So is the DVD player, FTP software,
Ev=
ox dashboard, and a explorer-like file manager.  All you then need to
provi=
de is some music or video.  (This might be the same for baldbouncer -
haven=
't tried his)

The music or video can be loaded onto the xbox hard disk, but if you're
goi=
ng to go down this route I recommend getting an HD upgrade when you buy,
as=
the xbox only has 8Gb.   But if you have a home network, you don't have to=
put your music on the xbox hard disk - the xbox can access a relax or smb =
share on your PC.  But again, you won't need to install any additional
soft=
ware on your xbox, as the ftp server stuff is already installed.

But I suggest you don't worry about the hows until you've got your xbox in
=
front of you - it all becomes much easier to understand once you can see
th=
e software on your telly!

Rgds,
Jake.

(No connection to ilantech - just a previous customer.)