RE: [XBOX] Buying Advice

Original Message From: Scott Crowther <scrowther@xxxxxxx>

> Oh my god, I am about to become a true lard@ss.

Me too.

> Anyone else done this yet?

Yes. I did it yesterday evening. Went down to the local Macro and bought a
48 pack of Twix's and an 18 pack of Bounty's. for =A314.50 and I already
ha=
4 snickers tokens from daily munching  :-)   Just a quick note here to
anyone contemplating this:- the Twix bars are the best value but the inside
of the packet is a shiny silver making the codes hard to read.

Once I'd got my 70 credits entered (and every tupperware container in the
house full of chocolate), I chose the Xbox and it took me to a special part
of the Argos site were you pay the remaining =A368.69. It also said
'Limite=
Stock' last night, so they may be running out - hope not. Then delivery is
quoted as up to 18 days.

I'm going to wait until it arrives before buying the modchip as I believe
there are different variants like v1.0, v1.1 and v1.2 which only work with
certain mod chips. Anyone point me to an article on this, to save me
searching, I'd appreciate it.

Might buy the DVD remote kit anyway, since I believe these work with all
versions. Anyone seen a better price than =A320?

Ooo... I'm getting all excited just typing this  :-)    Can't wait!

Lee