Re: [OT] Extreme uglyness with Sky Digital reception

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] Extreme uglyness with Sky Digital reception
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:51:53 -0000

A damp cloth over the LNB will simulate bad weather and attenuate the
signal. You can then adjust for the best signal with the cloth in
place. Once you have aligned the dish like that and removed the cloth
you will have a cracking signal.

Thats how I used to align analogue dishes. The signal meter would
already have gone full scale but the dish could still be slightly out
of alignment. The picture would be perfect until the rain started
when the sparklies would appear. The damp cloth trick worked really
well to get it properly lined up.

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Quinten Uijldert"
<yahoogroups@n...>
wrote:
> > In the last week, my normal 100% quality reception has taken a
nose dive
> > into unwatchable.
> >
> > My long weekend task is to fix it.
> >
> > Things I am going to check (roughly in order) is:
> > Quality of cable connections.
> > Change the cable (the existing analogue cable is in use, may have
been
> > there over 10 years).
> > Re-align dish (bite the bullet and buy a sat-finder from Maplin).
> > Buy new LNB.
> >
> > Has anybody got any tips from previous experience on fixing Sky
Digital