RE: Re: UKHA2003 - key learnings?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: UKHA2003 - key learnings?
  • From: "Dr John Tankard" <john@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:35:09 +0100

Personally I did not think there was much wrong with the event at all,
credit where credit is due it was a first class event. Now for my 2p

1) we need the main demo room on the night before and the core people
need to be there on Friday night so we can get ready and get the
infrastructure setup.

2) We are not talking about a lot of money to pre-book, hell its less
than we would spend on almost any bit of HA kit, I think next year we
should be getting commitment for the following year at the event for a
discount and we should be getting room discount for the large booking.
Those who cannot commit either take a chance that they can re-sell the
ticket or pay a little more on the day.

3) As said before a break for lunch

4) if there are to be any demos in the presentation area, which I think
is a good idea, we just make it clear they confine the activities to
changeover times

5) The venue was good,ok the rooms were to far apart, the two big rooms
will be much better, it's a bit of a treck for the north (far north) but
I can live with that to ensure the numbers are good.

Once again, thanks to all who made it possible.

John