Re: Re: Hosting multiple internal web servers behind a single IP

Hi Tony,

> Nope, I can _assure_ you that a good number of employers block any
port
other
> than 80 and a couple of other well known ones (the HTTPS one for
example),
so
> port 81, whatever protocol is not an option in these cases.

So... you will not be able to use even Hotmail then..(they use HTTPS for
login).:-)))
Not to say about....Internet Shopping or Banking....

I personally do not think that port 443 (HTTPS) is usually blocked by
companies firewall...

Let's stop this thread now...It was jut an opinion and this is all...

Thanks,
Dan

> > > A good number of UKHAers work for employers / clients where
internet
> > > access is limited to port 80.
> > Usually is limited to HTTP, but HTTP can be on another port too.
> > So... even a Proxy/Firewall server is used then you can acces
other
ports