RE: Soundbug

Essentially the technology in soundbug had only been used prior to Soundbug
within the military... Submarine warfare I think... (big vacant smile
crosses my face as I think of what I could get up to with that budget... )
=20
There has been one other application that I am aware of which is within the
drilling industry as it uses a super hard format called "Terfonal
D" a
mixture of pretty rare elements one of which can only be obtained from
Mongolia.. (thats where the mine its extracted from is and china doesn't
really want to share it...) and Iron..
http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t299-s2106596,00.html
<http://news.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t299-s2106596,00.html>
 should tell you
most of it... Funny story... One of our old managers is now the MD of
Newlands Sc...
=20
It will never be High - Fi but depending on the surface used it can be
acceptable....  Large panes of glass are pretty good (harder the surface
th=
better) but a cushion would sound pants... and you get all the fun of
finding happy mediums in between :-)=20
=20
By the way... Attaching them to the bath was an excellent idea... The sound
was barely audible above water but acceptable when submerged (oh the fun of
R & D !!!) I would love to work with the technology in an industrial
comms
format but the opportunity hasn't arisen...
=20
Finally, the technology for Flat panel speakers of any kind including NXT
(TTBOMK) is not the same as Soundbug..
=20
BTW.. FYI...Blurs new album "Think Tank" listened to through
soundbug in th=
Bath is very cool.. :-)) Gonna try Pink Floyd Del. Sounds of thunder
Sunday.. (what an exciting life I lead) For comparitive info.. My=20
=20
If you go out and buy one... Enjoy... :-) they are about =A319.99 I think..
=20
Soundbug was fun but we have done a lot better than that.. Take a look at
http://www.pdd.co.uk <http://www.pdd.co.uk>=20=20=20
=20
Finally... If you use it on your windscreen.... Check out the faces of the
people on the street as your car gives them as well as you directions...
:-=
)
=20

Mark Hallows