Re: Re: Hosting multiple internal web servers behind a single IP

Hi Mark,

> ... a large number of large companies that set up their firewalls to
> allow port 80 access only.
It is possible with some ..

> I am happy to believe that you can access a wide range of ports from
> YOUR office... I just wish that I had a similar set of firewall rules
> on my clients' firewalls.
Wide range of ports yes, but only HTTP protocol...:-((

> You and I know that PAT is simply a special case of NAT, but, heh,
> it's a term that seems to be growing in usage, so let's go with the
> flow and use it.
It is called on broadband routers "port forwarding". I do not
think that
there is a NAT router which cannot forward IP ports...

I agree with you that using different ports is not the best option, but
sometimes is the only one, if you do not want to use a single web page with
some virtual directories.

BR,
Dan