RE: Re: UKHA2003 - key learnings?

<snip>

> Basically we all make time for the things we want to make time for.
While I can see a
> small percentage of people wanting to visit may not be able to plan
ahead...surely
> most of us can.  We had the date set 5 or 6 months in advance.  If it
was a friends
> wedding or something it would just go in your diary and you'd be
there.

I'm sure you're right that most can.  Although a (close) friend's
wedding is a little different though.  There's very little that I
wouldn't give up for a good friend's wedding.  I'd even give up
attending UKHA_2003!

<snip>

> Here's the thing.  12 weeks away from the event Graham still didn't
have enough money in
> to cover anywhere near its costs.  This was entering the period where
you have to pay
> proportionally the nearer you cancel.

That's clearly a difficult one, as no one would want or expect anyone to
be taking on a liability.  Maybe for 2004, you could keep the excess
cash from the event back to provide a deposit for the next year?  You
could still have the raffle to give away the 'generous prizes from the
sponsors'!

> It seemed v hard to get any sort of commitment from people.  Then the
weekend itself
> turned out to be way above our expectations.  But if people HAD
pre-booked then we could
> have had the two big rooms beside each other this year.

> Thanks for your comments.

> M.

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx