From: Paul Gordon [mailto:paul_gordon@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 01:44
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Re: Jog Dial - where can I buy ?

>Thinking about it I don't know if you can have two mice connected to
>the same PC and operating independently i.e. one is standard windows UI

>mouse the other is used by a custom app...

I routinely have two mice connected to the same PC, and operating
independently, but not quite in the way you describe here.. Rather both
mice
are operating the same windows mouse pointer... In all cases, at least
one
of the mice is a USB device, - I have no idea if it is possible to
install 2
serial or PS2 mice under windows, but as you say, it should be perfectly

feasible to write a COM port driver to use a standard serial mouse as a
custom serial input device for a specific application, whilst still
having
another mouse connected to another port for normal windows use... -
you'd
have to make sure that the standard windows mouse driver didn't detect
and
attempt to drive your extra mouse though, which probably rules out all
except serial mice? (I'm just thinking aloud here...)

Paul G.

** UKHA2004 BE THERE! ** - start planning now.

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx