RE: Re: UKHA2003 - key learnings?

Hi Mark (and the rest of the organisers),

I know the comment below was in jest, but I'm just picking up on a
recurring theme.  I understand that we need as much early commitment as
we can, as we should all book early if we can.  But I think it's worth
bearing in mind that, given the work profile of those on the list,
there'll be quite a few of us who are in the situation (as I was this
year) of just not being able to commit to a weekend much in advance.
(My software go-live weekend could well have slipped to this weekend,
thus meaning I didn't know until the Monday before that I was definitely
going to make it - I told Graham as soon as I could.)

However, we were all really hoping to be able to turn up and join in.
Although I'm sure some of us are deliberately being pains in the ___ :-)
most of us late-comers were just pleased to be able to turn up at all,
and I feel that criticism of that, and the idea penalising us with a
large price hike (as was suggested in another message) is a little
unfair.  As you say, this isn't the ideal home exhibition, we're just
trying to learn and share as much as we can, and meet each other in the
flesh.

With regards to missing out, I didn't see what the welcome pack
contained, but the only thing I lacked was the badge holder, and this
was rectified with the hotel stapler!  Thanks for a fun, and thoroughly
engrossing day - my head was spinning with ideas on the drive back home!

Rgds,
Jake.